Friday, March 22, 2013

Being Irresponsible

You know those days when you're just so frustrated and want to be super negative? I'm having one of those days. In fact, I've been having a lot of those days. And on days like these, I use the word "want" intentionally. I don't want to talk to someone who is going to be positive and help me look at a situation in a better way. I want to talk to someone who will jump on board and be mad with me. Who will let me be mad/hurt/frustrated/defeated and will be mad/hurt/frustrated/defeated right along with me.

The problem, is that I don't really have a lot of people like that in my life. Instead, I have people who like to make things better, be positive, be responsible, be kind all the dang time. Which is obviously awesome, it's just not always what I want...

I need irresponsible people in my life. I need someone to encourage me to play hooky. I need someone to say, "let's get in a car and take a random weekend away" and follow through with that. I don't need reckless people, but at least with slightly less responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment