Sunday, August 22, 2010

E-mail Update #3 (July 7, 2010)

Hello!

I apologize for getting this out so late, as this will probably be my last update while in America! I'm getting ready to leave for Phoenix in a few hours and will be heading to Phoenix airport at 4am!

I didn't end up purchasing an electrical convertor, so I'm not sure how often I will be able to send updates as I will have no way to charge my laptop but I will try my best! I have also created a blog, which can be accessed at: http://dearworld-ily.blogspot.com/ But again, I'm not sure how often I will be able to update it while there. Please leave comments, as that will be easier for me to access than my e-mail and we can (hopefully) communicate that way.

Prayer requests as I get ready to fly overseas:
1. I have a totaling amount of about 20 hours in the air--please pray for smooth flights. That's a lot of time spent thousands of feet in the air!
2. As most of you know, I have an awful sense of direction=) When I get to the Atlanta airport I have less than an hour to find my connecting flight and navigate that airport and once I land in DC I'll have to find the correct terminal and meet my team. Pray that I don't get too lost and that I'll be at peace when battling my lack of skill when it comes to directions and navigating!
3. That our team will have an instant bond and will grow strong throughout these next few weeks. Each of us are stepping out in faith and are going to unknown country with people we don't know anything about.
4. I'm slightly afraid to ask for prayer about this=) But pray that I will be "wrecked", as my friend Casey words it, these next couple of weeks.

Thank you all for all of your support!

-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment