Monday, September 10, 2018

Friendship

I want to be a good friend to people. It just takes so much work. I really do try, I just feel like I fail at it a lot. I'm going to start gathering data on being a good friend vs. not and better identify how to do it. Maybe if I quantify it, it'll be easier. If I have rules to follow. I really want to be a good friend, for people to enjoy being my friend, have fun spending time with me, feel truly heard and listened to, and to also feel guided morally and know I'll have a firm grasp of right/wrong. I want to handle difficult situation with grace, for people to want to tell me hard things and trust I'll still love them through the messiness, yet gently confront when needed. Being good at what I do is really important to me and that includes friendship. 

[Excerpt from my journal, 8/2/18]

No comments:

Post a Comment