Sunday, October 6, 2024

Wisdom


Tonight at church, we started a new series about wisdom and I realized that my "being different" is me having wisdom. What I was frustrated with God about was Him giving me wisdom, making me prudent, and me following it. The last song we sang was "Touch of Heaven" by Hillsong. I couldn't sing it at Church because I had to repent and come into His holy presence. Into his gentle, inviting, loving, kind, patient, and holy, wise presence. 

You have all my attention, I will linger and listen

All I want is to live within your love, be undone by who you are, my desire is to know you deeper

Lord, I know my heart wants more of you...so I surrender all


Proverbs 8

Does not wisdom call out? (v. 1)

Listen, for I have trustworthy things to say; I open my lips to speak what is right. My mouth speaks what is true, for my lips detest wickedness. All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse. To the discerning all of them are right; they are upright to those who have found knowledge. Choose my instruction instead of silver, knowledge rather than choice gold, for wisdom is more precious than rubies, and nothing you desire can compare with her. (v. 6-11)

Nothing I desire can compare to the wisdom of God. Nothing is better than walking with Jesus. Stay prudent, stay wise, stay discerning. Know God, know yourself, know your true friends, know God's word, and know trouble is always ahead. So you must stay the course. Wisdom is better than any riches, more precious than rubies. It's worth it and it's right. God is holy and I actively choose the path of righteousness, of wisdom, of holiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment