Thursday, September 12, 2024

Washing Feet

I was thinking about Jesus washing his disciples feet. Those who he knew would deny him and betray him. Those who didn’t always show full faith. Those he knew would question him. Those who weren’t always great friends to him. Yet he loved them. He washed their feet. He ate with them. He cared for them. 

Stewing in my anger and hurt and frustration, these passages came to mind. That’s the Holy Spirit. My rescuer, my redeemer. 

What does it mean to wash their feet? How can I show love? Choosing love is the way of Christ and laying my desires at the foot of the cross. I’ll probably keep picking up the sword every now and then, but I want to do it less often and turn away from the desires. Lean into the hard. Lean into the way of Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment