Friday, November 25, 2022

2022: Alignment

Oh my gosh, I haven't written anything hardly at all this year!! I've been reading my old posts over the last few months and have reflected on my growth (and sometimes, setbacks) and then I just noticed I never shared here what my 2022 word of the year was (is)! 

Every year for the last several years, I do a word of the year instead of specific "new years resolutions". For 2022, it's ALIGNMENT. 

Originally, the word was going to be “connection”. But alignment is a broader term and can encompass connection. When we align our thoughts, feelings, and behaviors with the agency, with the program, and with our values, we can also ensure we are properly connected to others. 

Alignment within myself, with my values, with work, and in all that I do. I had done a full PPT presentation for my department at the beginning of the year focusing on this word, as I had done with the other prior two years during my (essentially) three-year tenure as a Director where I previously worked at. I loved doing those presentations--the "State of the Unions" that focused on the word of the year! 

Having the word "alignment" has helped me anchor and reflect throughout the year on what I do and how I interact with people. It helps me check myself and see where I've grown and where I need to keep growing. I've done a lot of self-reflection and made a lot of changes this last year. 

Alignment defined:

  • Position of agreement or alliance
  • Arranging in correct or appropriate relative positions
  • Identification/matching behavior, thoughts, etc of another
  • Integration or harmonization of practices within a group

No comments:

Post a Comment