Saturday, July 22, 2017

Late 20s

I'm officially in my late 20s. Wasn't that long ago when I was just turning 20....about 7 years ago to be exact.

When I turned 20, I thought about what I wanted this decade to be and when I turned 21 I had reflected and wrote:


On my 20th birthday, I decided that I wanted this decade to be one that I spent loving people and loving Jesus. I wanted to be excited and be surrounded with people that love and support me and I want other people to know that I love and support them. 


So, now that I'm in my late 20s, it is a time to check in on this....

Also, this was truly a great birthday--
  • I had a meeting at 8am and someone came by and brought me Starbucks coffee. 
  • I went to my office and it was decorated with streamers and balloons.
  • Every time I left my office and came up, something new was on my desk all from different people
    • Succulent plant (my first plant)
    • Candy (sour gummy worms) and chocolate
    • Mountain Dew
    • Multiple cards
    • Handwritten puns
    • A printed out pun taped to my door
    • A handwritten card from an 8 year old, quoting my favorite song from "Hamilton" and a "bath bling bomb"
    • A birthday hat that I wore most of the day 
    • A mini cake
  • Delicious dinner
  • Lots of awesome things from my parents

I want to spend my twenties simply loving Jesus in the most passionate and powerful ways.

I want people to feel joy, feel loved, feel cherished, feel excited. Excited for their life, for the year, for the decade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment