Tuesday, February 23, 2016

In Christ


Boldly I Approach--Rend Collective
He pulls me close with nail scarred hands into his everlasting arms
When condemnation grips my heart and satan tempts me to despair
I hear the voice that scatters fear, the great I AM the Lord is here
Oh praise the one who fights for me and shields my soul eternally 

Boldly I approach your throne, blameless now I'm running home
By your blood I come, welcomed as your own into the arms of majesty

A thousand years, a thousand tongues are not enough to sing his praise


Oh my God, my God. I have been swallowed by this feeling of inadequacy as a human being. That old fear crept up today of "You are only as good as what you do", something I have worked so hard at beating. I have worked so hard at recognizing that I have value and worth, just as I am. And I hear the gentle roar of the Lion, reminding me of who I am in Him. And hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah. I am welcomed, I am worthy, I'm fought for, I'm shielded, I stand blameless and uncondemned. Hallelujah.

Another song I have been hooked on is "Poor and Powerless".

All the poor and powerless
and all the lost and lonely

All will sing out hallelujah
We will cry out hallelujah  

And all who feel unworthy
And all who hurt with nothing left
Will know that you are holy 



No comments:

Post a Comment