Friday, February 5, 2016

Good Love

It's love so undeniable, I can hardly speak. 



That's my favorite line from Chris Tomlin's song, Good, Good Father.

My God, my God. You have such an unyielding desire for your people. You desperately call out and love your people. Love, love, love.

I cannot fathom it, cannot fathom you, your beauty, your glory. Holy, holy, holy are you. I can't believe you died for me. I can't believe you care so much about me, about my friends, about the world, about the haters.

How is this real? How is it that the God of the universe loves His people? How is it that the Lion and Lamb laid Himself to be slaughtered and crucified? What kind of story is this? That there is a god, who formed the world, created people, people said, "nah, brah" to god's holiness, god passionately pursues them, god leaves heaven, goes to live on earth, gets killed, raises back from life, comes back to be with people saying, "now do you believe I love you?" and ever since then, keeps trying to say, "I love you, I love you, I love you. Do you love me?"

What other religion has the Creator of the universe coming in the form of man and taking on suffering and choosing to spend time with people? Directly in their messines? What other religion has that the GOD gets crucified? What other religion has "their leader" trying to engage with people and pursue people rather than trying to get people to engage?

He loves us, oh how he loves us. Love so undeniable, I can hardly speak.

At the very least, I want people to better understand the story of Christianity. To think, Wow, I wish that were true. I wish the God of Christianity that is described on this blog was real. 

Even if you don't believe in it's realness, I want people to better understand the actual story. Rather than as how this person described the Christian religion:

"Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man ... living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money."

Because there are
A thousand stories of what they think you're like
but I've heard the tender whisper of love in the dead of night
as you tell me that you're pleased and I'm never alone

You're a good, good father. It's who you are. 
And I am loved by you. It's who I am. 

And I've seen many searching for answers far and wide, 
But I know, we're all searching for answers only you provide

No comments:

Post a Comment