Friday, January 9, 2015

Uncomfortable

This life is not my own. I have really been reflecting on that and trying to wrestle with that and what it truly means. What does this really mean to not have my life as my own, to really give in to Christ?
The past year or so, I've come to realize one thing it means: to be uncomfortable. But that still leaves a lot of ambiguity.

Uncomfortable, like I may have to dress up often?
Uncomfortable, like I need to start eating fresh foods?
Uncomfortable, like I need to step out of my comfort zone?
Uncomfortable, like I need to be more vulnerable?
Uncomfortable, like I need to live below my means?
Uncomfortable, like I have to be okay with awkwardness?

There are many more possibilities of what "uncomfortable" means. And is it just one of these? A combination? All of them at different points in my life? I have no idea. But I do know I need to be uncomfortable. And that is, well, uncomfortable.



No comments:

Post a Comment